Sunday, September 6, 2009

Application for Junior/Medical Labratory Technologist

Lim Eileen
507 Hougang Ave 8
#05-660
Singapore 530507
rain_lin87@hotmail.com

National Healthcare Group
6 Commonwealth Lane
GTMI Building Level 6
Singapore 149547

Dear Hiring Professionals,

Application for the post of Junior/Medical Laboratory Technologist

I would like to apply for the position of Junior/Medical Laboratory Technologist with the National Health Group (NHG).

I am a Bachelor of Science graduate from the National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Life-Science and my area of specialization is biomedical science.

I am very interested in the position stated above and I strongly believe that I have the qualifications and experience required for it. I have engaged in various science projects and research, such as mapping/characterizing conserved and variable amino acids in NA sequences of all avian H5N1 available in public database and Carbon source regulation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae GAL1 gene in my school curriculum. These projects have equipped me with excellent experimental and research skills, such as Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), DNA sequencing techniques and bioinformatics research techniques. Hence, I believe I will be able to work independently with the skills I am equipped with.

In addition, I have done a stint in a clinic as a temporary clinic assistant, which has provided me with the exposure and experience with working and interacting with the general public as well as my fellow colleagues. Further details of my personal particulars, qualifications and experience are contained in my resume which is attached with this file.

I have learned a lot about the good reputation of NHG and it would be a great privilege for me to embark on a career in NHG. I sincerely hope you will grant me the opportunity of an interview to assess my eligibility for the post.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You

Yours sincerely

Lim Eileen


Link to the job :http://sg.dimension.jobsdb.com/career/Default.asp?PID=3&AC=SGNHG&EC=TTSH&GC=G1&JobID=5975&LID=1&SGB210303896665573

7 Comments:

At September 6, 2009 at 9:30 AM , Blogger liews_ryan said...

Hi Eileen,

In my humble opinion, i think you might want to modify this sentence "I believe I will be able to work independently with the skills I am equipped with."

This sentence sounds you lack of confident. Also, what if new task surfaced and you lack the skill to complete the task? You will not be able to work independently without the skills you are equipped with?

In addition, i think that this sentence should be place at your last sentence or somewhere at last as i found it awkward after finished reading "...in my school curriculum".

Enlighten me if you have other point of view.

Cheer,
Ryan

 
At September 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Blogger liews_ryan said...

Hi again,

Overall, i find it very sincere and i can really feel that you are a very very friendly person. Two thumbs up!

Cheers again,
Ryan

 
At September 7, 2009 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Eileen said...

Ryan

Thanks for your comment.I wrote the sentence "I believe I will be able to work independently with the skills I am equipped with" because I feel that I should bot sound over confident and overestimate my abilities. It's like others may feel it's just another experimental experience. But you are right, it seem to sound lack of confidence, thanks for pointing it out.
Then for your second comment, I had made some changes to the statement.

Eileen

 
At September 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Blogger PInkRage said...

Hi Eileen,

Overall, I think this is a good application letter. However a requirement of the job is to be a team player. Perhaps instead of saying you are independent, you can show how you can work with a team.

With regards,
Pak Ming

 
At September 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Pak Ming

Thanks for commenting. Ok I will look into it and see how I can add it into my application letter.

Eileen

 
At September 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Tan Wei Hong said...

Dear Eileen,
I love the fact that you put a Title. I would think that NHG will have many positions available and that they will receive many application letters. Doing so makes it very clear to your motive in writing this letter.

Perhaps in the third paragraph, you can include to why you are interested in the position and also what are the things you hope to gain from it. I agree with Ryan that “in my school curriculum” sounds “weird”. Perhaps you can say, “During my undergraduate studies, I have engaged in...”.

Also, try to sell the point that you are competent in those skills and hat you are comfortable to work independently.

To show that you too can work well with others, you might want to stress your learning points from the stint as a clinical assistant. You might want to say something like “being able to engage the general public and interacting with my colleagues make me realised that interpersonal dynamics is very important.”.
I must point out that it is a very wonderful thing to lead the reader to look at your resume, which you did. I will find myself reaching for your resume.

Lastly, for the last paragraph, you might want to phrase it slightly different. Something like: “NHG has a long history of providing quality healthcare and services in Singapore. It is a dream of many to work for it. It will most certainly be an honour and privilege to work in such a prestige institute.

Ever Sincerly yours,
Wei Hong

 
At November 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Hi Wei Hong

Thanks for commenting. Yes, I will take note of the points you gave and make changes to it.

Regards
Eileen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home